Five marks and records you should know the Champions League (II)
We continue with our second part of records and records (click here and remember the first) unique in the Champions League. And we do it finding out now a series of curious facts such as the times that a final has been resolved through a series of penalties, parents and children who won a Champions League or the countries that have won the title the most times:
6-Champion parents and children. Three families have had two generations of father and son European Cup champions:
– Cesare (1963) and Paolo Maldini (1989, 1990, 1994, 2003 Y 2007), both with AC Milan
– Manuel Sanchis Martínez (1966) and Manuel Sanchís Hontiyuelo (1998 Y 2000), both with Real Madrid
– Carlos (1992) and Sergio Busquets (2009 Y 2011), both with FC Barcelona (Carlos did not play the final)
7- De penaltis sign. Ten times, the finalists have come to dispute the penalty shootout, to define the champion. Eye, never a Spanish team won in a penalty shootout.
– Liverpool FC – AS Roma, season 1983/84.
– Steaua Bucarest – FC Barcelona, season 1985/86.
– PSV Eindhoven – S. L. Benfica, season 1987/88.
– Red Star Belgrade – Olympique Marseille, season 1990/91.
– Juventus F. C. – Ajax Amsterdam, season 1995/96.
– FC Bayern Munich – Valencia CF, season 2000/01.
– AC Milan – Juventus F. C., season 2002/03.
– Liverpool FC – AC Milan, season 2004/05.
– Manchester United FC – Chelsea FC, season 2007/08.
– FC Bayern Munich – Chelsea FC, season 2011/12.
8- Spain is the country with the most titles in the Champions League. It has expired 13 times that will be 14 From the day 24 of May.
|Spain||14||10||Real Madrid (10), FC Barcelona (4)|
|Italy||12||14||AC Milan (7), Inter de Milan (3), Juventus FC (2)|
|England||12||7||Liverpool (5), Manchester United (3), Nottingham Forest (2), Aston Villa (1), Chelsea FC (1)|
|Germany||7||10||Bayern Munich (5), Hamburg SV (1), Borussia Dortmund (1)|
|Netherlands||6||2||Ajax Amsterdam (4), Feyenoord Rotterdam (1), PSV Eindhoven (1)|
|Portugal||4||5||SL Benfica (2), FC Porto (2)|
|Serbia||1||1||Red Star Belgrade|
9- Players with the most matches. Ryan Giggs is the player who has played the most games in the competition with 149, followed by Xavi Hernández with 145 that next season will have a great chance to get over it.
|1||Ryan Giggs||Gales||149||30||0.2||1992-93||Manchester United F. C.23|
|2||Xavi Hernandez||Spain||147||11||0.07||1997-98||F. C. Barcelona24|
|3||Raúl González||Spain||144||71||0.49||1995-96||Real Madrid C. F.||F. C. Schalke15|
|4||Paolo Maldini||Italy||140||3||0.02||1984-85||A. C. Milan25|
|5||Iker Casillas||Spain||140||0||0||1998-99||Real Madrid C. F.26|
|6||Clarence Seedorf||Netherlands||131||12||0.09||1991-92||F. C. International||A. F. C. Ajax||Real Madrid C. F.||A. C. Milan27|
|7||Paul Scholes||England||130||25||0.19||1993-94||Manchester United F. C.28|
|8||Roberto Carlos||Brazil||128||17||0.13||1995-96||Real Madrid C. F.||Fenerbahce S. K.29|
|9||Carles Puyol||Spain||120||2||0.02||1999-00||F. C. Barcelona30|
|10||Andriy Shevchenko||Ukraine||116||59||0.51||1993-94||F. K. Dynamo Kyiv||A. C. Milan||Chelsea F. C.19|
|Featured, active players.|
10- European capital teams with champion clubs. Of the 22 European champion clubs, only six of them belong to the capitals of European countries:
– Ajax Amsterdam, Amsterdam.
– Benfica, Lisboa.
– Chelsea F. C., London.
– Red Star Belgrade, Belgrade.
– Real Madrid C. F., Madrid.
– Steaua Bucarest, Bucharest.