The most expensive defenders in the world: Luke Shaw
Barely has 18 years. Measure 1,85, Weighs 80 kilos. It's fast, very fast. Not without technique and very strong. Many, the most daring, They compare him to Gareth Bale. It will be because of its speed, for his self-confidence, for its enormous physical display. Es Luke Shaw, the fashionable left-back in English football. 65 matches in professional football, All of them with Southampton have earned him the cover of many of the best English newspapers. He has not yet scored a goal as a professional, but that doesn't seem to matter.
Barely reached the age of majority, he can boast of being called up for the next World Cup in Brazil and of being one of the most expensive defenders in history. Yes because Louis Van Gaal's first wish was to sign him for Manchester United in exchange for 30 million pounds (some 38 millions of euros). Your signature is still missing, but his transfer makes us take a look at the most expensive defense transfers in football history:
1- David Luiz- 50 millions of euros (Del Chelsea al PSG): and 50 kilos have dropped before the World Cup PSG Chelsea to take over the great Brazilian center-back of the moment. A free kick specialist, an attacking player in the middle of defense. Future, present and quality in abundance for the French team.
2. Rio Ferdinand – 47 millions of euros (From Leeds to Manchester United in 2002). Precisely, a teammate of his who leaves United holds the record. 47 millions came to pay in his day “red devils” for having an experienced defender, good in the ball exit and excellent in the air game.
3. Thiago Silva – 42 millions of euros (From AC Milan to PSG in 2012). The last great madness in a defender. PSG needed a safe defense and threw the house out the window in the Brazilian central. Despite its enormous price, I had many girlfriends. Barcelona also wanted it.
4. Luke Shaw- 38 millions of euros (Del Southampton al United en 2014). A bullet down the left wing that is still learning the 18 years. Many compare him to Bale, but maybe he enjoys more technique and a little less goal. Of course how old is he to improve. Bale can be said that we did not include him on the list because we considered him a left wing midfielder, Although in the beginning he started as a left-handed winger.
6. Daniel Alves – 35’5 million euros (From Sevilla CF to FC Barcelona in 2009). Possibly, Five seasons in Barcelona have been enough to be talking about one of the best right-backs in modern football. Alves is a permanent arrival but also in recent times defensive instability, something that possibly will cost him his departure from Barça.
7. Lilian Thuram – 33 millions of euros (From Parma to Juventus in 2001). One of the most versatile defenders that football has given. I could play central, right back. In all places he stood out for his enormous physical power and his good aerial game. One of the great defenders in football history.
Other billionaire transfers:
8. Marquinhos- 31 millions of euros (From Roma to PSG in 2013)
9. Pepe – 30 millions of euros (From Porto to Real Madrid in 2007)
10. Fabio Coentrao – 30 millions of euros (From Benfica to Real Madrid in 2011)
11. Ricardo Carvalho – 28 millions of euros (From Porto to Chelsea in 2004)
12. Joleon Lescott- 27,5 millions (From Everton to Manchester City in 2009)
13. Alessandro Nesta – 27’4 million euros ( From Lazio to AC Milan in 2002)
14. Sergio Ramos – 27 millions of euros (From Sevilla CF to Real Madrid in 2005)
15. Walter Samuel – 24 millions of euros ( From AS Roma to Real Madrid in 2004)
16-Dmytro Chygrynskiy – 24 millions of euros (Del Shakhtar Donetsk al FC Barcelona en 2009)