Ivory Coast: the last chance of the old guard
Finally the group draw was not malicious with African and what will be his third consecutive appearance in a world managed to avoid the dreaded group of death. They were released in Germany 2006 and both that appointment as South Africa 2010 they were fitted in the strongest groups championship, Very great selections and no option to pass the group stage. However, in Brazil 2014 The script has changed and everything indicates that they could achieve qualify for second round.
Ivorians have in their ranks with world-class players, which they are leaders in their respective clubs with extensive and proven experience in major European competitions. Difficult mission that lies ahead Sabri Lamouchi, con una average age of around 30 years, the team urgently needs a generational change and will not be easy to forget the best batch of Ivorians Soccer Players in History. French coach has already begun with change, and test them are Lazina Traore 23 years (Anzhi) Serge Aurier from there 20 (Toulouse). For more than one will be his last world and for sure will want to finally break the barrier of the group stage and thus achieve their best performance in history.
- His physical strength: Rock like no elephants are one of the most physical teams in the championship. its power, endurance and speed are a valuable point in their favor. With players like the Toure brothers, Drogba, Romaric and company rivals but should work hard to beat them physically.
- Individual experience: Boast UEFA Champions League Champions, Europe League and various domestic championships and national cups of European standard. Footballers have more than enough personal experience with their clubs, however also the handicap of success with your selection.
- The "goodbye" Drogba: Complete safety will be the third and final world front 36 Galatasaray years. As he, as his colleagues want to give a great performance at great Didier Drogba in his farewell football tournament par excellence. Hasta siempre Pope elephant.
- Lack of creation: Honestly they have terrible men who can decide a match you, however they cast a missing playmaker. A man with spatial vision, good ball that needed the break and set the pace of the game. They do not have a man of quality that makes playing the rest, a deficit that undoubtedly pay dearly.
- His philosophy of play: Neither Sven-Goran Eriksson got Zahoui or implement a particular style of play. Possession, counterattack, suffocating pressure, Lamouchi forward defense ... now it works ceaselessly, but with the World Cup just around the corner not achieve the miracle. Ivory Coast will come to Brazil without clear style and basing game play on the quality of the flagships of his team.
- History and fate: Never before he had managed to avoid the fatal group of death. At last he has succeeded in June and find out if luck has given them a truce or simply complicate their existence with injuries, sticks or arbitration decisions.
Former French midfielder Sabri Lamouchi is a complete stranger the benches, even the most knowledgeable I remember defending T-shirts Parma, Monaco and Inter Milan as a player. He took the reins of the Ivory Coast in May 2012 and since then more criticism than praise have surrounded his figure. Without a defined style of play was eliminated in the last African Nations Cup against Nigeria and failed to qualify for the finals with some other mishap.
The best selection of names on the African continent has never known what plays and even internationally renowned coaches like Eriksson or Halihodzic, and local and Zahoui have succeeded in establishing a concrete philosophy of play. Lamouchi unsuccessfully until now continues to live the golden generation of players with which account.
– Champion of the African Nations Cup in 1992.
– Group stage in Germany 2006 and South Africa 2010.
– Currently he ranked 24 in FIFA ranking.