The big winners of 2016
The 2016 comes to an end. Gone is a period in which, as usual, football has been our faithful companion. In these lasts months, there have been very significant developments, some of them have certainly been important in the evolution and history of this wonderful sport. But, as it is usually done when something reaches its twilight, is take a look at the past and take stock of lived experience.
Below are those who have been the big winners, roughly, the footballing world in these last twelve months:
– Chile. Chilean football team was one of the major players to be crowned as champions of the Copa America Centenario.
– Portugal. Luso box could remove the thorn in France and slip through the select club of teams that have won one European Championship.
– Brazil. Neymar and company gave great joy to his countrymen after hanging the gold medal at the Olympic Games 2016.
– FC Barcelona, Leicester, Juventus and Bayern Munich. Football fans, they are where they are, always stare at the old continent. There often occur cites the major leagues, and in this case, These four teams have finished as first in the Spanish league, English, Italian and German respectively.
– Real Madrid. The white set to enlarged his incredible record in which it is considered the best competition at club level in the world: la Champions League. The Zidane managed to score his eleventh European Cup.
– Sevilla. Definitely, if there is a special bond that keeps the Sevillian box with UEFA Europa League. A tie has been reinforced achieving its fifth trophy, the third consecutive.
– National Athletic. Colombians have also shone ostensibly to have been done with the title of the Copa Libertadores. They also reached the final of the Copa Sudamericana sadly could not play for the death of almost the entire workforce of Chapecoense.
– Cristiano Ronaldo. The Portuguese star has lived one of the best years in his career. A titles won with Real Madrid and the national team, Cristiano has won the Ballon d'Or (the fourth) he recognized as the best player in the world 2016.
As we mentioned above, These have only been the highlights, but there have been many others.