Luis Enrique is the sixth Spanish coach ever to win a European Cup or Champions League. With the victory of FC Barcelona set in Berlin, the Spaniard enters the select list of Spanish technicians awarded the maximum trophy at club level in Europe. These are the technicians who complete list.
- Miguel Villalonga. It was the first won, not only the first Spanish but the first coach to gain a European Cup since his Real Madrid became the first edition, of 1956. Won 2 total for he also repeated the following year with Real Madrid.
- Miguel Muñoz. Another Spanish coach would win the continental showpiece and also from the bench Real Madrid. He won 1960 Y 1966.
- Vicente del Bosque. The Salamanca coach who led Spain to become world champion also has two Cups, Champions League this time and in its possession. Also it was with Real Madrid with the “Marqués” He won in 2000 Valencia and 2002 al Leverkusen.
- Rafa Benitez. It was the first win with a team no Spanish. It was in 2005 with Liverpool in a final that no one will forget as break the Anfield, lost by 3-0 against Milan. Not only they managed to tie the game but also took the Cup on penalties.
- Pep Guardiola. Guardiola had already won with Barcelona as a player in 1992 at that end of Wembley. But he was not going to settle for that and would also make coaching 2009 Y 2011.
- Luis Enrique. The Spaniard opened big on the bench of FC Barcelona doing nothing more and nothing less than a hat-trick and went, Spanish becoming the sixth coach to win the Champions League.