Joseph Blatter said he had to look more African teams were at the World Cup for only five have space for Brazil 2014 to the detriment of European. And Platini replied that perhaps what should be done was to extend the final phase of World Cup 32 a 40 selections, as it will be done with Euro 2016 that will count for 16 a 24 teams. Result, debate and the World Cup may be changed for the next edition in Russia back in the distant summer opened yet 2018.
It will be a rare World, played for the first time on two continents, with so distant and different from other cities such as Yekaterinburg, Sochi or Moscow. But, definitely, the most striking may be the above expansion will generate enormous controversy in the coming months. Thus, what we considered today by the Football Colgados is whether it makes sense to expand 40 select the next World Cup to play in Eurasian land. Consider the pros and cons of such a possible measure to implement:
– more teams, more representation of the continents. The idea would be to have two combined African and Asian, another ocean, other European and Central American and South American More. With which, have chances of seeing more players and fewer stars would lose the championship.
– Three days of competition, more television revenue, lockers, hotel and overall greater benefit to the host country.
– Less demanding phase ratings, especially Asia and Africa.
– Greater quantity does not mean higher quality. That more equipment is better provided they are not comparsas. If teams are going to go without or competitive tradition will carry thrashings, should analyze, because maybe not interested.
– Distribution of different groups. I would look for a new format and we know the problems it generates powers, always resistant to change.