Coaches who have led more selections
At the World Cup in Brazil we attended the fact that several coaches have coached different teams that did so in past world championships. The Brazilian Felipe Scolari is without a doubt, the best known and media case. The Brazilian coach and Fabio Capello changed trading cards for this World Cup and replaced Portugal and England with Brazil and Russia..
Changing selection is not easy or common. But nevertheless, there are a number of characters who have had a long career directing different national teams. We review the most notable cases:
– “Bora” Milutinović (9): their 69 years the Serbian coach has led a whopping nine national teams holding the record for the most. The one with the most difference. Mexico, Costa Rica, U.S, Jamaica, Iraq, Honduras, China, Nigeria or Honduras have passed through their hands. Like the Brazilian Parreira, has led five of these national teams in World Cup finals. curiously, He has never been a coach for Serbiao or a European team except for his brief stint at Udinese.
– Carlos Alberto Parreira (6): before already mentioned, the winner of the 1994 with Brazil he has directed five other teams, among which are Kuwait, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and Ghana. In Europe it was only seen once in a team. It was at Valencia and the result was not entirely satisfactory.
– Henri Miche (6): the French coach managed to be in World Cups France (Mexico ’86), Morocco (France ’98), Tunisia (Japan-South Korea 2002) and Ivory Coast (Germany 2006). Only Kenya and Equatorial Guinea could not have the same fate as the other four.
– Guus Hiddink (5): will be the replacement for Louis Van Gaal from next fall. A Dutch coach position he has previously held, how to lead South Korea (semifinalist in the World Cup 2002), Turkey, Australia or Russia. In addition to selections, tulip has led multiple teams like Chelsea, PSV or Valencia.
– Javi Clemente (4): the current coach of Libya was in his day from Spain, but also from Cameroon and Serbia completing a more than interesting resume. But nevertheless, only with La Roja could he have the dream of playing a World Cup.