Do you know the biggest teams ever won a European title?. Although it may seem a lie in almost 60 years of European competition there are a number of teams that could never lift a European trophy. Bad luck, the mistake in front of goal, erroneous transfer policies and all kinds of circumstances led to the following “largest in Europe” could never lift a continental trophy:
-Athletic Bilbao: until recently the King of Cups in Spain twice reached the final of the UEFA Cup. In both fell, missing the opportunity to lift a European title, that resists, as it happens to Espanyol, another team cursed in European finals, especially he lived in that dark night of Leverkusen. The list could include Deportivo, although the Galician team won the recognized by UEFA, Intertoto Cup.
– AS Roma: the largest team that won less. Definitely. The capital have three Serie A titles and 9 Coppas but outside the transalpine borders the plot thickens. Two final losses, and one of them, to make matters worse at home and in a European Cup final settled on penalties against Liverpool. It is true that his record indicates a Fairs Cup, but this is not officially recognized by the European governing body.
– Torino: as it is possible that an Italian team with seven Serie A titles do not have a single continental trophy. Well that's the case the historical Torino. A giant in his day you only have a maximum achievement UEFA. Under the current situation, It seems distant to think that soon recover lost time.
– Leeds United: low hours, This historic third most populous city won two Cups shows, but since the UEFA organizes this competition, nothing at all. In European Cup, He reached a final, but no luck. Now in the Championship, will have to wait a little longer to see even qualify for a title of this magnitude.
– Hertha Berlin: we take this team not for its centennial history, but for representing the capital of the biggest footballing world powers. Hertha never even reached a final. In Germany, also highlights another classic, Stuttgart, three times champion of Intertoto, but none of UEFA and Recopa.
– ¿Girondins de Burdeos o Olympique Lyon? 1995 Y 1997 Intertotos Copas denote paths for Girondins and Olympique. Officially should not be on this list but that two French football powers only carry this baggage seems to make them worthy of this inclusion. And eye to PSG, which has only one Cup Winners Cup as the highest conquest.