Subsidiaries with more seasons in Second Division
Which affiliate has played the most seasons in the Second Division? With the rise of Barcelona B in 2017, the second category of Spanish football will link 16 seasons in a row with at least one subsidiary competing and that is that since 2002/03, at least one subsidiary team has played in Second. In fact two subsidiaries, Barcelona B and Sevilla Atlético, will compete in the second category of Spanish football, something that had not been seen for a while. Even so, the presence of subsidiaries has always been a classic in the category and even some like Castilla, he has come to play a Cup final precisely against his first team and in Europe as runner-up when the rules for the subsidiary teams were different from those of today. These are the subsidiaries that have played in Segunda, some have even played almost the same seasons as their first team.
- Real Madrid Castilla: either as Castilla or as Real Madrid B, is the subsidiary with the most seasons in 2nd season with 33 seasons.
- Barcelona B: the second team culé with 22 seasons is the second subsidiary with the most seasons in the second category of Spanish football. In the 2017/18 will play its 23rd season.
- Valencia Mestalla: he has not been seen for the Second for years, a few decades but still, It is the third subsidiary with the most seasons in Segunda with 21. He stood at the gates in 2017.
- Bilbao Athletic: the puppies have to their credit with 14 seasons.
- Atletico Madrid B: the mattress subsidiary has 11 seasons in the second category of Spanish football
- Sevilla Athletic: Sevilla's subsidiary has 5 Second seasons.
- Villarreal B: the second team from the submarine played 3 Second seasons. Interestingly the first team has played 10 in the same category.
- Malaga B: the malacitan subsidiary accumulated 4 seasons in Second especially in the first years of the XXI century
- Elche Ilicitano: two seasons in the second category of Spanish football is the baggage of the Martínez Valero branch
- Real Sociedad B: the people of San Sebastian played 2 times in Second
- Mallorca B: the mallorquinista subsidiary reached 1 the Second Division A.
- Zaragoza B: the second team played 1 season.