The great cracks that played in the MLS
Leo Messi, he 7 times Golden Ball revolutionized North American soccer with his arrival in Miami. But not only the Argentine star but the Miami team also signed Sergio Busquets and Jordi Alba. However, there are many great cracks that played in the MLS since its creation in December 1993 and previously, in the years 70-80 in the old NASL.
Along its history, la Major League Soccer (MLS) of the United States has had the privilege of having great world soccer talents who left an indelible mark on the league and contributed to the growth and popularity of the sport in the country. We will remember some of the most outstanding “cracks” who have shone in American football.
The great cracks that played in the MLS (apart from Leo Messi)
The iconic English footballer joined the LA Galaxy in 2007, marking a before and after in the league. His arrival garnered unprecedented media attention and helped raise the visibility of soccer in the United States..
The legendary French striker played for the New York Red Bulls from 2010 until 2014. His skill and class on the field made him a benchmark for MLS fans..
The charismatic Swedish forward arrived at the LA Galaxy in 2018 and quickly became one of the most prominent players in the league. His goals and spectacular performances left an indelible mark.
The talented Brazilian shone at Orlando City SC during his time in MLS. His technical quality and leadership on the field made him a benchmark for young local players.
The legendary Spanish striker played for the New York City FC from 2015 until 2018. During his time in MLS, Villa stood out as one of the best strikers in the league and became New York City FC's all-time top scorer with 80 goals in 125 parties.
The former Italian midfielder played for the New York City FC from 2015 until 2017. Pirlo was a leading figure in midfield and his elegant style of play earned him the affection of the fans.. It coincided with other cracks on this list such as Villa and Lampard.
At the same time that Villa and Pirlo, the former English midfielder has also been part of New York City FC since 2015 until 2016. Lampard had a significant impact on the team with his experience and goalscoring ability from midfield..
The Argentine striker arrived in MLS in 2020 to join Inter Miami CF. Higuain became the top scorer for Inter Miami. But his record will be pulverized by Messi.
Other great players who played in MLS
The list is longer and inexhaustible. We can find names like Bale's, Carlos candle, Giovinco and a long etcether.
Players who played in the NASL of the years 70-80
The North American Soccer League (NASL) of the years 70 y 80 It was a league that attracted several great international cracks, what contributed to the popularization of soccer in the United States. In fact, that was formed New York Cosmos of Galacticos. Here are some of the most prominent:
- Skin: The Brazilian star, considered one of the best soccer players of all time, played for the New York Cosmos since 1975 until 1977. His arrival in the NASL generated a great media frenzy and drew massive attention to soccer in the country..
- Johan Cruyff: The legendary Dutch footballer, known for his elegance and technical skills, He played for the Los Angeles Aztecs and Washington Diplomats in the NASL in the years 70. His presence in the league helped raise the level of play and attracted new football fans.
- Franz Beckenbauer: The iconic German defender, nicknamed “El Kaiser”, was a key figure for the New York Cosmos during his time in the NASL between 1977 y 1980. His leadership on the field and his quality as a player contributed to the success of the Cosmos.
- George Best: The talented Northern Irish striker, known for his dribbling and technical skills, He played for the Los Angeles Aztecs and the Fort Lauderdale Strikers in the NASL in the years 70. His charisma and talent made him a figure much loved by American fans..
- Charles Albert: The captain of the Brazilian team in the World Cup in 1970, where Brazil won the title, played for the New York Cosmos in the NASL. His defensive quality and his ability to join the attack made him an important figure in the league.
- Giorgio Chinaglia: The Italian striker was Pele's teammate at the New York Cosmos and became the NASL's top scorer in the 1990s. 1970. His ability to score goals endeared him to Cosmos fans..
- Johan Neeskens: The Dutch midfielder, known for his powerful shot and ability to recover balls, played for the New York Cosmos in the NASL in the years 70.
- Gerd Müller: The legendary German striker, nicknamed “The Nation Bomber”, played for the Fort Lauderdale Strikers in the NASL in the years 80. His goal-scoring ability made him a leading figure in the league.
These are just a few examples of the great cracks that have played in the NASL over the years 70 y 80. there were many more.