The best center backs in the history of the Spanish League
Who are the best central defenders in the history of the Spanish League? In the world of football usually hogging the covers are the ones who score goals. Because, many times, especially for the general fan, It passes very unnoticed the work of the key defensive players for a team to achieve its objective. Let's remember some of the defenders who left their mark on Spanish football.
The best center backs in the history of the League
- Fernando Hierro. Although he began playing in more advanced positions and even in the selection played in the center of the field. He scored despite being defense, more of 100 more goals 400 League matches with Real Valladolid and especially Real Madrid where he spent much of his career.
- Ronald Koeman. During the 90 hasp was one of the best Barcelona in history, he “Dream Team” by Cruyff. Many will criticize his lack of speed but did not need ever to become one of the best center in the Spanish League. He was also the author of the goal that gave Barcelona their first European Cup top scorer and defender of history with 193 goals.
- Carles Puyol. Another landmark of the Barcelona that marked an era not only in the center of defense FC Barcelona but the Spanish team with which he won everything. Strong, blunt, with great placement. Puyol can be one of the ten best central defenders in history.
- Roberto Fabian Ayala. Argentina became a legend of Valencia. Linchpin of that Valencia won two league between 2002 y 2004, He proved to be one of the best plants that have gone through the Spanish championship.
- Sergio Ramos. Stand, forceful and sometimes with a certain permissiveness. But all this does not take away from the quality of one of the best central defenders in the history of the League and of Spanish football.. Con 39 parties and 2 goals with Sevilla and 469 parties and 72 goals only in the League with Real Madrid.
- Manolo Sanchis. Nothing more and nothing less than 18 seasons at Real Madrid where he played 523 games in the Spanish League.
- Andoni Goikoetxea. It was certainly one of the toughest players ever. But he also paid off and a lot behind Athletic Bilbao. He played between 1975 y 1987 in Athletic and between 1987 y 1990 at Atlético de Madrid.
- Migueli. Tarzán was an insurmountable wall behind Barça. Migueli juice 16 seasons, in between 1973 y 1989 with the culé shirt. 668 parties and 30 goals.
- Diego Godin. The Uruguayan marked the line for many years in the Spanish League. First in the ranks of Villarreal where he played 91 games and scored 4 goals and then in those of Atlético de Madrid where he played 277 games and scored 17 goals.
- Pablo Alfaro. He distributed everything except candy but he was up to the task 1989 y 2007 in teams like Racing de Santander, Barcelona, Royal Zaragoza, Atlético de Madrid, Mérida and especially Seville where he was captain and legend.
- Gerard Piqué. The Catalan announced his retirement on 3 November 2022. He does it with more than 600 official matches as a culé player. Definitely, one of the best central defenders in the history of the Spanish League.